- Best Money Transfer Service - TransferWise, as revealed by our extensive research into international money transfers.
- Best Debit Card for CNY - The TransferWise Debit Card (best NZD:CNY rate, and 0% foreign currency fees if you withdraw up to NZ$350 within a 30-day rolling period (and then a 2% fee of anything above that). Also, with TransferWise, account holders can send money instantly to AliPay users.
- Best Credit Card for CNY - The Flight Centre Mastercard outperforms all other cards given its 0% overseas currency conversion fee.
- ATMs Availability and Costs - ATMs are common all over China. You can withdraw CNY 2,500 per transaction, which is around NZ$500. Find out what your bank's international debit card and credit card fees here.
- Be aware, Travel Money Cards DO NOT support CNY, so they aren't useful when in China.
- Save money when withdrawing or spending CNY with our foreign exchange guide.
- CNY comes in ¥1, ¥2, ¥5, ¥10, ¥20, ¥50 and ¥100 notes.