Updated 3 November 2019
- Wondering how much difference that pay rise or new job would make? Our PAYE calculator shows you in seconds.
- To use the PAYE calculator, enter your annual salary (or the one you would like) in the Insert Income box below.
- The table below will automatically display your gross pay, taxable amount, PAYE tax, ACC, KiwiSaver and student loan repayments on annual, monthly, weekly and daily basis.
Disclaimer: This is only a guide using standard assumptions to estimate your tax breakdown. There are many other possible variables - for a definitive understanding, contact the IRD. This calculator assumes you're employed, as being self-employed means hourly, weekly, fortnightly and monthly income payments will be different, depending on when you make tax payments and how much you pay.
5 income tax related need-to-know guides:
- Income tax refund guide - avoid the agents and do it yourself directly with the IRD
- Mortgage affordability calculator - find out how much you can borrow for a home loan
- Student loan repayments - find out how much you'll need to repay every year based on your income
- Debt help - debt is everywhere in New Zealand and our guide walks you through the options available
- Best credit cards - manage money with the best-available credit cards available today
The rates and bands are as follows:
- Income up to $14,000 - 10.5%
- Income over $14,000 and up to $48,000- 17.5%
- Income over $48,000 and up to $70,000 - 30%
- Income over $70,000 - 33%