- Best Money Transfer Service - TransferWise, as revealed by our extensive research into international money transfers.
- Best Debit Card for Hong Kong Dollars - The TransferWise Debit Card (best NZD:HKD rate, and 0% foreign currency fees if you withdraw up to NZ$350 within a 30-day rolling period (and then a 2% fee of anything above that).
- Best Credit Card for Hong Kong Dollars - The Flight Centre Mastercard outperforms all other cards given its 0% overseas currency conversion fee.
- ATMs Availability and Costs - ATMs are common all over Hong Kong. Find out what your bank's international debit card and credit card fees here.
- AllTravel Money Cards support Hong Kong Dollars - our comparison guide highlights which cards offer the best deal.
- Save money when withdrawing or spending Hong Kong Dollars with our foreign exchange guide.
- Hong Kong Dollars come in $10, $20, $50 and $100, $200, $500 and $1,000 notes.
Suggested money tip when arriving and travelling in Hong Kong
- Bring around NZD$300 in cash which you can use as a safety net and exchange at most FX kiosks in and around Hong Kong.
- Withdraw the amount of HKD you think you will need for your stay.
- Avoid airport money exchange kiosks - they most likely offer the worst exchange rates. ATMs give you the market exchange rate without the greedy commission.
- Leftover HKD? If you have a small amount of HKD remaining, you can use them to settle your hotel bill extras, transfers back to the airport (taxi or train) and/or apply them to a duty free purchase on departure (you can pay part cash, part card).